Brand and marketing consulting to grow your business
The services we’ve used to help dozens of businesses achieve their goals.
The Brand Guidebook
We use a proven, structured process to clarify, refine, and maximize all the critical components of your brand. Together, we’ll transform your best business thinking into an actionable, shareable, growth-oriented Brand Guidebook:
- Vision: big picture vision, core values, and goals
- Customers: The motivations, behaviors, and priorities of your target customers
- Positioning: Your unique position in the competitive landscape
- Tone & Identity: How you communicate and present your company to your customers
- Messaging: The expression of your brand’s value proposition through key messages
This work will help you get the most out of your business and team right now and set you up for faster growth going forward.
Website Strategy & Design
We’ll help you translate your brand strategy into a website that allows you to clearly communicate your value through emotionally-engaging words and visuals:
- Architecture: Utilize best practices in UX (User Experience) to build trust with customers and guide them to your most desired actions
- Copywriting: Capture the attention of your customers and speak to the outcomes they’re seeking in easy-to-digest language
- Visual Design: Show your customers the value they’ll receive by using images, icons, and graphics that tell a compelling visual story
Make sure you maximize every new customer that arrives on your site by making it crystal clear how you service their most important needs.
Customer Insights & Analysis
To deepen the impact of our work, we put your business to the test with real customers. We’ll capture how your customers think and talk, and provide insights on the outcomes they’re seeking:
- Surveys: Craft custom surveys to uncover the thoughts and preferences of your customers
- Interviews and User Testing: Talk directly with customers or watch their actions when engaging with your website or product
- Targeted Ads: Define and run campaigns to gauge user actions and convert new customers
These activities provide data that your business can use to inform decisions today and continue to provide return for months and years to come.
Fractional Chief Brand Officer (CBO)
Realize the full potential of your brand and receive ongoing support as you integrate your strategy into all the different touch points of your business.
- Team and Operations: Map out and implement your brand strategy into your hiring, onboarding, employee reviews, culture, customer support, offering innovation, and more.
- Marketing Implementation: Ensure that your brand is expressed consistently and clearly across social, video, and other sales and marketing materials.
- Strategic Support: Add a focused layer of support for brand and marketing oversight without the overhead of investing in a full time role.
We’ll engage with your leadership and team to provide strategic guidance every month to keep initiatives moving and on-track.
The results our clients have seen
"Map & Fire was a crucial partner in our journey through a branding exercise that allowed us to simplify our messaging. The Brand Guidebook process allowed us to clarify our value proposition and remove numerous roadblocks that existed with getting our entire team on the same page. They're wonderful people to work with, and do a phenomenal job juggling all the personalities and opinions that exist inside of an organization."
Head of Marketing, Bid Ops
"After our very first working session with Map & Fire, we were sure they were a great fit. When we received our final Brand Guidebook, we were especially thrilled with what had been captured. Map & Fire really have a gift for listening and transforming ideas generated through working sessions and creating magic!"
Co-Founder, CMO, Curate Better Days
"After seven years, our company was in need of a brand refresh. Map & Fire took us through a well devised step-by-step process that enabled us to reposition our company within the marketplace. Their insights throughout the project were invaluable and their level of commitment was something we have rarely experienced with external agencies. I cannot recommend Map & Fire highly enough."
Founder, CEO, Eating Europe
"We needed a new brand strategy and were immediately blown away by the level of research and insight Map & Fire brought to the table. They are incredibly thorough and skilled in the space at a level I haven’t found at the smallest or largest agencies out there. They are now my go to shop."
VP, Customer Engagement, UPtv
"Map & Fire helped my company find the focus that it’s been missing for years. Our messaging makes more sense, the new onboarding process is simpler, and we’re finally targeting customers that are more likely to stick with our product. If you’re looking for technical, thoughtful, brand and marketing expertise, Map & Fire is among the best."
Founder, CEO, Eat This Much
"Every time I speak with Map & Fire, I gain clarity and confidence. They have the unique ability of being able to see both the forest and the trees. In working on high level strategy, Map & Fire helped me find a clear path to move my business forward and iron out details blocking our progress."
Founder, CEO, Lilspace
"Map & Fire gave us actionable ideas to guide our thinking and solidify our brand. We now have a beautiful website with clear messaging around a complex topic: intellectual property in the new economy. We couldn’t be happier!"
Director of Strategic Initiatives, The Michelson 20MM Foundation
"I am consistently amazed at the level of value Map & Fire delivers to our creative process. Every conversation seems to inspire new ideas that refine our content, brand, and messaging in subtle, yet sophisticated ways."
Founder, Google Dev Expert, Fireship.io
"Throughout an intensive content audit and digital overhaul, Map & Fire offered inexhaustible insight and consistent follow through. Their equanimity, good humor, and clarity—all of which rested on an extremely solid foundation of expertise—was invaluable during a pivotal period."
Director of Communications, Boscobel House and Gardens
"Map & Fire is my go-to resource for consumer-driven strategy that gets results. They've built a seamless process to hack a deep and thorough understanding of your ideal customer. The strategy and tactics they develop always follow this customer first approach. The way it should be done!"
Founder, Owner, JourneyEngine
"Map & Fire guides you step-by-step to help organize your fuzzy thoughts in a very structured way. They provide an effective methodology to make communication with prospective clients clear and compelling."
Founder, CEO, Vincle
"Map & Fire helped us spin off a new company, refocused our core mission, and became our goto source for guidance on both strategy and digital marketing. Constantly coming up with fresh ideas, and fearless in challenging conventional thinking, we now think of Map & Fire as a valuable extension of our team."
Founder, CEO, Lunacy Productions
"Map & Fire's expert guidance, insightful recommendations and customized strategies allowed me to fine-tune my vision, clarify my brand, and ultimately build my target audience."
Founder, Life Revised
"The fact that they actually care and are invested in what we’re doing. That’s my favorite thing. Otherwise we could work with anybody."
Founder, CEO, APRL
The Brands Who Trust Us